29 March 2010

ColorForms at the Hirshhorn

I don't know what the common Hirshhorn experience is for DC residents and visitors, but I've always been a bit let down.  Entire floors were always closed, rooms blocked off, and strange installations seemed to take up too much space.   In short, my expectations were low on this chilly Washington weekend.   I was really wrong.

The current exhibit, ColorForms, was one of the cooler that I've ever seen.  It was like visiting an entirely new museum.  The works all seemed to fit with one another, every floor was open, and they had some ridiculously cool experimental films in different rooms, including this 1975 Paul Sharits piece called "Shutter Interface."


So, seriously, go to the Hirshhorn.  And then tell me what you think of that 3 screen elephant film.

1 comment:

Kyle said...

Douglas Gordon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails