22 December 2009

Listed & Linked: December 22

Too Late, Darling
In 2010 Lisa Loeb plans to release a line of eye glasses.  This might have been interesting when Reality Bites came out and we all loved "Stay."  That was, however, 16 years ago. 

Because it's "Funny"
A blog dedicated to the excessive and unnecessary use of quotation marks.



False Advertising
Oh, Gap.  The use of non-Gap boots in your holiday commercial might not have drawn so much attention if this year's Gap Kids holiday commercial didn't have that obnoxious pre-teen "How cute are these boots?!" brat-anthem.  How are we consumers supposed to remember that we're being sold different things in two nearly identically shot commercials?

High/Low
Vanity Fair helps to illustrate the similarities between Rodarte and Rodarte for Target.  Hmm.  This just makes me sadder that I can't afford the Kate Bosworth/Natalie Portman versions.  I know it's kind of the point, but does Miss Lace Tights have to look SO low budget?



 

3 comments:

Kit Pollard said...

Have you seen the Rodarte stuff in person? Maybe it's all the netting, but it looks awfully cheap. I mean, I bought a shirt, which I'll probably regret (it's a lacy camisole-type thing), but that was all I could find. And I am usually a sucker for all things designer Target.

ldbahr said...

I just went today, and was completely disappointed. It looked so flimsy and pop-punky!

I did get the striped shirt though...can't ever pass up a semi-french sailor long sleeved tee. The camis weren't bad...but those dresses, ugh!

Kit Pollard said...

I almost bought that striped shirt - until I remembered that I have the EXACT same one from J. Crew.

Probably should've gotten it anyway, since I'm not sure you can have too many French sailor-style shirts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails